Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The little things (obviously not this post)

So everyone is posting stuff they are thankful for to get into the holiday spirit and I think it is great  to read everyones thankfulness :) So I thought I would just add on- I am thankful for the little things in life. They are so small yet they have the hugest reactions on leave the biggest impressions. I have always believed that a lot of the time actions speak louder than words and I love seeing these actions in small ways. Like today I have been trying to notice them all and remember them but I am not very good - BUT I do have a couple that stood out. I was at the store and I totally forgot that ealier that day Auklin was in my wallet and was throwing my cards around and I thought as long as I watched close it was be ok and if I make a big deal about it he will think its funny and keep doing it. So I let him get bored of it until I had to run out the door to go to the store before his nap time. Well I was checking out and when I went to get my card to pay lo and behold they were all gone- every single one of them- there are only 3 but still- So for the reason of the story I called Kasey to see if maybe he was on lunch and he said no not yet and I asked if he was going to take a lunch and he said I dont know why- (they ate at work) and I told him what happened and without saying anything else he said "I'll be right there! " It meant so much to me that he wanted to save my day- it might seem like nothing but thats what I love about it- then to make it better I got to spend lunch with him and it was so fun! Then I walked out to the car to unload the cart and just as I finished and turned to take my cart back a man was walking away from the store and said "here I will take that back for you" I and I loved that cause I hate leaving Auklin in the car alone while I go take the cart back (I lock the doors but still-) and as I got in my car I watched this man take my cart back and turn toward the parking lot and walk back toward his car- It was awesome to me cause he wasnt even taking the cart in on his way to go shopping it was out of his way! So small but so awesome! Then I pull in my driveway and I walk around to get Auklin out and when I open the door he has his eyes covered and after a second moves his hands and says BOO- I made a big deal about how he got me and then he goes " I love you too mom" : ) awwwww I loved it. I didnt even say it to him but it made me think he recognizes acts of love and to him playing peek a boo was a little thing that meant a lot- and thats the other little moment was realizing that! Man I love the little things of life! Everyone try to notice them this month and maybe write them down! 

1 comment:

Denise Christiansen said...

To set a good examle I read YOUR long comments and post/reply!;)
Haahaha
You amaze me! I love that you're grateful for the little things!! Even the rotten apples that fall on my lawn!!!
Love you tons!